USPAP: COURSE POLICIES
USPAP through the Appraisers Association
- We offer USPAP courses for Personal Property appraisers; real estate appraisers are NOT eligible to take these courses.
- Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB) Certified Instructors teach our USPAP classes.
- We only accept personal property USPAP courses taken through the Appraisers Association of America, the American Society of Appraisers (ASA) or the International Society of Appraisers (ISA). We do NOT accept USPAP taught through any other organizations. Online courses must be real-time (taught by a live instructor). We do not accept self-study courses of any kind.
- If a student is more than 15 minutes late to a USPAP class (or misses more than 15 minutes of the USPAP class in total) he or she will not be able to complete the class. This is an Appraisal Foundation policy of which the Appraisers Association is forced to comply.
- All members of the Appraisers Association must take USPAP every 24-months.
- It is the member's responsibility to stay current with USPAP; the Appraisers Association is not responsible for ensuring that you are current with your USPAP. Please contact the Appraisers Association if you do not remember when you last took USPAP.
- Online courses require a strong internet connection, microphone and working speakers; a headset is highly recommended.
- Online courses are capped at 20 students.
- If you are planning to enroll or are currently enrolled in the NYU Appraisal studies program, you are ineligible to take USPAP through the Appraisers Association.
15-Hour USPAP Course & Exam vs. 7-Hour USPAP Update Course
- We offer both the 15-Hour Course & Exam and the 7-Hour Update Course. Classes are held at our office in New York City, online, and nationally.
- Both the 15-Hour and 7-Hour USPAP courses are approved by the Appraisal Standards Board of The Appraisal Foundation.
- The 15-Hour Course & Exam takes place over two days in-person; if taken online, it is 5 days (3 hours per day, 4-7pm EST unless otherwise noted).
- The 7-Hour course takes place on one day in-person; if taken online, it is 2 days (3.5 hours per day, 4-7:30pm EST unless otherwise noted).
- You MUST have taken USPAP within the past 24 months in order to be eligible for the 7-hour update course.
- We pride ourselves on members with the highest standards of ethical appraising and professionalism. As such, our members MUST take the 7-hour USPAP update course every 24 months.
- If you have a learning disability that requires extra time on the exam, please send documentation to email@example.com at least 5 business days before the start of class.
- Courses need at least 10 students to run; please contact the Appraisers Association office to confirm before making hotel or flight reservations.
- Registration cannot be completed without payment in full.
- A confirmation email will be sent once you register and pay for the class. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact the Appraisers Association.
- Changes or cancellations to your registration must be made at least 5 business days prior to the start of your course. If you do NOT notify us at least 5 business days before the course, you will be charged a $50 administration fee.
Updated February, 2016