USPAP: COURSE POLICIES
USPAP through the Appraisers Association
- We offer USPAP courses for Personal Property appraisers.
- If you are a Real Estate appraiser, you are NOT eligible to take USPAP through the Appraisers Association.
- Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB) Certified Instructors teach our USPAP classes.
- We only accept personal property USPAP courses taken through the Appraisers Association of America, the American Society of Appraisers (ASA) or the International Society of Appraisers (ISA). We do NOT accept USPAP taught through any other organizations. NOTE: Online courses must be real-time (taught by a live instructor). We do not accept self-study courses of any kind for USPAP.
- If a student is more than 15 minutes late to a USPAP class (or misses more than 15 minutes of the USPAP class in total) he or she will not be able to complete the class. This is an Appraisal Foundation policy of which the Appraisers Association is forced to comply.
- All members of the Appraisers Association must be up-to-date with USPAP (see below).
- It is the member's responsibility to stay current with USPAP; the Appraisers Association is not responsible for ensuring that you are current with your USPAP. Please contact the Appraisers Association if you do not remember when you last took USPAP.
- New Policy: If you do not pass the USPAP examination, you will need to re-take the exam (but not the entire course) again. There will be a $100 administration fee for taking the exam a second time.
If you are planning to enroll or are already enrolled in the NYU Appraisal studies program, you are ineligible to take USPAP through the Appraisers Association.
15-Hour USPAP Course and Exam vs. 7-Hour USPAP Update Course
- We offer both the 15-Hour Course and Exam and the 7-Hour Update Course. Classes are held at our office in New York City, online, and nationally.
- Both the 15-Hour & 7-Hour USPAP courses are approved by the Appraisal Standards Board of The Appraisal Foundation.
- The 15-Hour course & exam takes place over two days; if taken online, it is 5 days (3 hours per day, from 4-7pm eastern standard time).
- The 7-Hour course takes place on one day; if taken online, it is 2 days (3.5 hours per day, from 4-7:30pm eastern standard time).
- You MUST have taken USPAP within the past 24 months in order to be eligible for the 7-hour update course.
- Our members are held to the highest standards of appraisal and professional practices.
- Members are required to take the 7-hour update course every 24-months.
- The 15-Hour course & exam is worth 15 C.E. Credits
- The 7-Hour update course is worth 7 C.E. Credits
- Courses need at least 10 students to run; please contact the Appraisers Association office to confirm before making hotel or flight reservations.
- A confirmation email will be sent once you register and pay for the class. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact the Appraisers Association.
- As of January 1, 2014, changes or cancellations to your registration must be made at least 5 business days prior to the start of your course. If you do NOT notify us at least 5 business days before the course, you will be charged a $50 administration fee.