Artists’ Estates – Inventory, Appraisal and Legacy
Course Registration $60.00 Member
2021 Virtual Art Law Day
Artists’ Estates –
Inventory, Appraisal and Legacy
Ashley Farrell, Senior Director, Collection Management, Winston Art Group
Carsten Hoffman, Managing Director, Stout
Karen McManus, President, Jacqueline Silverman & Associates
Mary Pontillo, National Fine Art Practice Leader/Senior Vice President, Risk Strategies
Diana Wierbicki, Global Head of Art Law, Withers Bergman LLP
This panel of experts in art law, fine art and business appraisal practice, insurance, and estate planning will discuss the specific steps that artists, their advisors, family members, and fiduciaries should take both pre- and post death to ensure an expedient and comprehensive appraisal process which is in line with the artist’s desired legacy.
Panelists will share their experience with preparing estate tax appraisals for artists and will address IRS expectations in these situations, the content of the appraisal report, timelines for the report’s preparation and delivery, and specific recommendations for “do’s and don’ts.
Topics to be covered include: the importance of inventory management, classification and cataloging the art and archives, the location and condition of art property, insurance coverage and liability, authentication procedures, copyright and intellectual property issues, contract memorialization, blockage discount calculations, fees, and trustee selection.
1 CE credit
This is a recording of a session held live on November 12, 2021.
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - The Art Market After Covid 19 A Radical Break?
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Recent Developments in the Art Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Perspectives on the Furniture and Decorative Arts Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Artists in Exile Women Surrealists in Mexico
- On Demand Contemporary Western Art
- On Demand Fifty shades of Grade: The Past, Present and Future of Professional Assessment