Theory and Methodology of Appraising
Tuesday, Jul 25 - Wednesday, Aug 2, 2023
July 25 and 26, and August 1 and 2, 2023 | 4-6:30pm EST each day | Online
Course Registration $350.00 Associates, Candidates, and Members
Taught by Certified Member and Past President of the Board of Directors, Cynthia Herbert, AAA, Theory and Methodology takes place online in real time. The course concludes with a multiple choice exam that is administered on the last day of class.
This course teaches the essential framework for personal property appraisal and discusses important issues affecting the profession. You will study the different kinds of appraisals (estate tax, insurance, charitable contributions, and equitable distribution), examine different types of value and evaluation approaches used in appraisal reports, and look at markets and the varieties of property most often appraised. Other topics include appraisal terms and definitions, client relations, industry standards and codes of ethics, and establishing a practice. Attendance is mandatory at all 4 classes.
Access to a computer with a microphone, speakers and strong Internet connection is required. A headset is strongly recommended.
Fees: $350 for Candidates and Members
Changes or cancellations to your registration must be made at least 5 business days prior to the start of your course, or your registration will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee. All courses require a minimum of 6 attendees to run.
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Artists in Exile Women Surrealists in Mexico
- On Demand Contemporary Western Art
- On Demand Fifty shades of Grade: The Past, Present and Future of Professional Assessment
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - The Art Market After Covid 19 A Radical Break?
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Recent Developments in the Art Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Perspectives on the Furniture and Decorative Arts Market