Don't Forget to Look at the Books!
Course Registration $10.00 Members
$10.00 General Admission
Large collections of books can be daunting prospects for the generalist appraiser. Tom Lecky, AAA will offer insights into how to approach those seemingly endless shelves and to identify potential rarities and value. While sometimes the most obvious books are the least valuable, there are times when the most unlikely suspects are real gems. Tom will share resources to help generalists sort through the bibliographic quagmire.
Speaker: Tom Lecky, AAA
Lecky Art Group LLC
This is a recording of a previously held webinar.
1 CE credits
If you have previously registered for the full series, you do
not need to re-submit payment or registration information.
Register online (at the top of this page).
Registration is accepted only with payment. NO REFUNDS.
Tom Lecky has extensive experience appraising, advising, and selling books and manuscripts at all levels of the market. After a 25-year career in the auction world – most recently as Head of Christie’s Books & Manuscripts Department in New York – Tom purchased Riverrun Books in 2016. Tom is also an independent advisor and appraiser and is a Certified Member of the Appraisers Association of America.
Tom is an enthusiastic generalist, though his career has exposed him in depth to science, travel, historical Americana, and early printing, as well as English and American literature, the field in which he holds an advanced degree. Riverrun’s inventory focuses also on fine printing, illustrated books, art, photography, and design. Tom was educated at Stanford University (MA American literature) and Columbia College, Columbia University (BA, English literature). Since 1999, Tom has been a member of the Grolier Club and has appeared as an appraiser on WGBH's Antiques Roadshow.
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - The Art Market After Covid 19 A Radical Break?
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Recent Developments in the Art Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Perspectives on the Furniture and Decorative Arts Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Artists in Exile Women Surrealists in Mexico
- On Demand Contemporary Western Art
- On Demand Fifty shades of Grade: The Past, Present and Future of Professional Assessment