Comprehensive Appraisal Studies Program (CASP)
CASP provides prospective and practicing appraisers and arts professionals (art advisors, auction house experts, art dealers, insurance experts, adjusters, conservators, attorneys, IRS officials, museum professionals, finance professionals, and others) with knowledge of the in-depth practices and standards necessary to be a qualified appraiser. The program offers critical knowledge and competencies to evaluate and appraise fine and decorative arts and other personal property.
CASP will provide you with the skills needed to:
- Objectively and critically evaluate fine and decorative arts and household contents according to the highest standards set by The Appraisal Foundation.
- Comply with the legal and ethical aspects of appraising as stated in the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and the IRS.
- Utilize appraisal methodologies and industry-specific research skills to conduct comprehensive market analysis and to interpret market results.
- Write well-researched and legally compliant appraisal reports.
- Apply current and pertinent tax law to appraisals.
- Start your own appraisal business or augment your current profession.
Enroll in CASP and take a first step to becoming a member of the Appraisers Association of America, the premier association with more than 740 members devoted to assessing the value of fine and decorative arts and personal property.
The Comprehensive Appraisal Studies Program and all of our educational programs, including the National Conference, are presented through the Appraisal Institute of America, the educational arm of the Appraisers Association of America, and is a 501(C)3 created in 1983.
USPAPUSPAP, the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice, is the set of generally accepted standards for professional appraisal practice in North America.Learn more
CASPCASP provides prospective and practicing appraisers and arts professionals with knowledge of the in-depth practices and standards necessary to be a qualified appraiser.Learn more
Core CoursesThese courses are for candidates – appraisers pursuing membership - covering a variety of topics on appraisal theory, methodology, and best practices.Learn more
Connoisseurship & MethodologyConnoisseurship programs focus on market trends and delve into specializations with experts in the field. Methodology programs focus on legal, ethical and everyday business issues appraisers must deal with.Learn more
On-Demand ProgramsThe Appraisers Association is dedicated to providing ongoing education to our members and art world professionals in related fields through our methodology and connoisseurship programs.Learn more