Comic Books - 2020 Summit
Course Registration $25.00 Members
$25.00 General Admission
Director of Pop Culture & Auctioneer
Bruneau & Co. Auctioneers
The modern-day superhero was introduced to the world
June, 1938 with Superman and Action Comics #1. After
82 years of continual comic production a once considered
child’s book has evolved into a commoditized collectible
equivalent to gold, oil, or the S&P 500. Learn the ins-and-outs
of the comic book collecting community and how markets
can change so rapidly. When is the right time to buy, sell,
and what factors contribute to these market changes. Learn
what makes two seemingly similar books drastically different
in price, and finally learn how a comic from 2014 can be worth
more than 100 different books from 1950 combined. The comic
market, making every Antique Dealer scratch their head
for the past 20 years.
1 CE credits
This is a recording of a session held live on November 10, 2020.
Betty Krulik Fine Art, Limited
Travis Landry is the Director of Pop Culture and Auctioneer for Bruneau & Co. Auctioneers of Cranston, Rhode Island. Travis’ specialties include automobilia, comics, toys, trading cards, video games, and modern and contemporary art. He holds a bachelor’s degree in art history from Framingham State University. Travis can be seen as an expert appraiser in the Collectibles and Toys & Games category on PBS’ Antiques Roadshow. He was previously a recurring cast member on Travel Channel’s Toy Hunter and is a frequent guest and panelist at comic conventions across the country. Outside of work he is an avid collector of contemporary art and market speculator with tangible assets.
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Artists in Exile Women Surrealists in Mexico
- On Demand Contemporary Western Art
- On Demand Fifty shades of Grade: The Past, Present and Future of Professional Assessment
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - The Art Market After Covid 19 A Radical Break?
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Recent Developments in the Art Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Perspectives on the Furniture and Decorative Arts Market