Virtual Coffee Hour - How to Manage Your Risk and Protect Your Appraisal Practice
Course Registration Free Members
Join speakers Anne Rappa, Huntington T. Block,
and Susan McDonough, AAA, McDonough Fine
Art Appraisals, for a discussion about how to protect
your appraisal practice against claims.
Topics to be discussed include:
- What does "transfer of risk” mean?
- What types of insurance should appraisers
- consider to protect against claims?
- What is the difference between General Liability
- insurance and Errors & Omission (E&O) insurance?
This is a recording of a live webinar previously
held on January 21, 2021.
Fee: Free - Members Only
Associates, Accredited and Certified Members Only
Please register in advance.
Anne Rappa, Senior Vice President Fine Art Insurance, Huntington Block, has 25 years’ experience providing risk management and insurance solutions to the fine art community. Her clients are fine art museums, corporate and personal collectors, universities, municipalities, art service businesses including art dealers. Anne represents some of the largest art collectors and art dealers in the U.S. and has been involved in providing risk management and insurance solutions for complicated fine art transactions, exhibitions and projects. Anne works closely with Huntington T. Block’s commercial and personal lines departments to provide appropriate insurance products to meet the needs of her clients.
Susan McDonough, AAA, is an appraiser based in San Francisco. Her firm, McDonough Fine Art Appraisals, has particular expertise in the valuation of site-specific and installation-based work, murals, archives, and the art of California. Susan is certified in both Postwar, Contemporary & Emerging Art and Accredited in Impressionist & Modern Art. She is a member of the Board of Directors of the Appraisers Association and teaches the Business of Appraising in the Association’s CASP program. A graduate of Columbia University, Susan has over 20 years of work experience in the visual arts.
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - The Art Market After Covid 19 A Radical Break?
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Recent Developments in the Art Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Perspectives on the Furniture and Decorative Arts Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Artists in Exile Women Surrealists in Mexico
- On Demand Contemporary Western Art
- On Demand Fifty shades of Grade: The Past, Present and Future of Professional Assessment