Art Advisor and Appraiser: Fulflling Both Roles
Course Registration $25.00 Members
$30.00 General Admission
Join Megan Fox Kelly, AAA, President, Association of Professional Art Advisors (APAA) and Kristy Bryce, Founder, Kristy Bryce Fine Art LLC, both of whom work as advisors and appraisers, as they explain the differences and similarities of their dual roles. This conversation, moderated by Sabine Wilson, Ph.D., AAA, AQB-Certified USPAP Instructor, will explore the skill sets needed in both professions, as well as the ethical and USPAP related obligations. In this conversation, the following will be discussed:
- Art market and object expertise
- Roles of an art advisor: curating collections, strategic planning, and fiduciary responsibilities
- Professional requirements for the art appraiser vs art advisor
1 CE Credit
This is a recording of a webinar previously held on March 16, 2021.
Register online (at the top of this page).
If you are having difficulty with your online account,
please contact Yasemin, 212-889-5404 x 14.
Email confirmations will be sent upon receipt of payment;
registration accepted only with payment.
Kristy Bryce is an art advisor specializing in Post-War and Contemporary Art. Prior to opening her own advisory business in 2015, Kristy held director positions at Eykyn Maclean and Craig Starr Gallery. Kristy is an Accredited Member of the Appraisers Association of America.
Megan Fox Kelly is the President of the Association of Professional Art Advisors. Megan is a professional art advisor who builds and manages collections for an international mix of individuals, museums, estates and foundations. After ten years in the international art business, she established Megan Fox Kelly Art Advisory in New York in 1999. Megan has curated private collections of Post-War and Contemporary art, important 19th and 20th century American and European art, and vintage and contemporary photography. Megan is a Certified Member of the Appraisers Association of America, with a specialization in Post War and Contemporary Art and is U.S.P.A.P compliant.
Sabine Wilson, Ph.D., AAA received her doctorate degree in art history from the Ludwig–Maximilians-Universität, Munich, Germany. Since 2000, Sabine has had an independent fine art appraisal and advisory practice in New York where she advises clients on issues concerning valuation, provenance, and collecting of impressionist, modern, and contemporary art. She gives lectures and publishes on art forgery, German art between the wars, and French 18th century art. Ms. Wilson is a Certified Member and serves on the Board of Directors of the Appraisers Association. She is also a Board-Certified Instructor of Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice and an Adjunct Instructor at New York University's School of Professional Studies.
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - The Art Market After Covid 19 A Radical Break?
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Recent Developments in the Art Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Perspectives on the Furniture and Decorative Arts Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Artists in Exile Women Surrealists in Mexico
- On Demand Contemporary Western Art
- On Demand Fifty shades of Grade: The Past, Present and Future of Professional Assessment