Lecture Series: Rare Burgundy Wines- On-Demand
Course Registration $10.00 Members
$20.00 General Admission
The market for collectible wine has grown tremendously
in recent years. Much of this growth is due to spectacular
increases in the prices for Burgundy wine. This lecture
will explore this trend in depth, from its genesis with
burgeoning demand in the Asian markets to an overview
of the principal producers, wines, and vintages that are
gaining in value (and some that aren’t), to difficulties in
valuing this stock and other potential issues such as the
prevalence of counterfeit wines.
In this lecture recording, Charles Curtis MW, AAA,
former head of Christie’s
New York and Hong Kong wine departments
and author of “The Original Grand Crus of Burgundy”
discusses his beloved Burgundian treasures.
Author, journalist and consultant, Charles Curtis is a Master
of Wine and the founder of WineAlpha, a fine wine advisory
serving private, trade and institutional clients with an interest
in the market for fine and rare wine. Former Head of Wine
for Christie’s auction house in both Asia and the Americas,
Curtis has a wealth of experience in the wine trade. He joined
Christie’s in 2008 from LVMH, where he was Director of Wine
and Spirit Education for Moet Hennessy USA.
CE Credits: 1.5
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - The Art Market After Covid 19 A Radical Break?
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Recent Developments in the Art Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Perspectives on the Furniture and Decorative Arts Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Artists in Exile Women Surrealists in Mexico
- On Demand Contemporary Western Art
- On Demand Fifty shades of Grade: The Past, Present and Future of Professional Assessment