History of Jade - Webinar
Course Registration $10.00 Members
$20.00 General Admission
Join Lark Mason, AAA to learn about the importance of jade in Chinese culture over thousands of years. Mr. Mason will discuss the history of jade, and the rituals and decorative aspects of jade objects from the earliest periods up to the present day.
Lark Mason, AAA is a Certified Member of the
Appraisers Association and the first Vice President
of the Board of Directors. He is a renowned expert
in Chinese art and antiquities. He is also an author,
appraiser, independent curator, educator, and art consultant.
He worked with Sotheby's, New York, from 1979-2003,
where he was an appraiser, Senior Vice President in
the Chinese Works of Art Department, and Director
of Online Auctions. At Sotheby's, he evaluated collections
including those of The Duke and Duchess of Windsor,
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, and many others.
In 2003, he left Sotheby's to start iGavelauctions.com,
an international art auction company with regional
associates in most major metropolitan areas of
the United States, Europe, and Asia. He is an
Adjunct Instructor at New York University's School of
Professional Studies; he has also taught at the
New York School of Interior Design, Parsons,
and Emory University. Since 1996, Lark has regularly
appeared on the PBS series, Antiques Roadshow,
where he specializes in Asian works of art; he has also
appeared on Strange Inheritance on the Fox Business Channel,
Good Morning America, and on many other major media networks.
CE Credits: 1
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Artists in Exile Women Surrealists in Mexico
- On Demand Contemporary Western Art
- On Demand Fifty shades of Grade: The Past, Present and Future of Professional Assessment
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - The Art Market After Covid 19 A Radical Break?
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Recent Developments in the Art Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Perspectives on the Furniture and Decorative Arts Market