Collector Cars: What to look for when appraising, what drives value, current trends, and the state of the market.
Course Registration $20.00 General Admission
This lecture will cover a variety of topics pertaining to
the collector car industry including; relevant information
to obtain when valuing a car, factors that can affect
the value of a car and current trends that are driving
the market. The lecture will take a look at the overall
collector car market and how it compares to the art market.
Durant Enterprises was founded in 2015 by Christopher Sanger. Christopher has been in the classic car and motorcycle and art auction industries for more than 10 years. He quite literally grew up among cars as the great-great-grandson of William C. Durant, founder of General Motors, and a relative of E. Paul DuPont, founder of DuPont Motors. Christopher is currently a Senior Specialist of Classic Cars and Motorcycles at the Winston Art Group, the largest independent art appraisal and advisory firm in the United States. He was previously Vice President and Head of US Sales for Christie’s International Motor Cars. He was involved in notable sales such as the ex-Steve McQueen 1963 Ferrari 250 GT/L “Lusso,” the single-owner 1928 Mercedes-Benz Type S Torpedo Roadster by Saoutchik, the ex-John Straus 1938 Bugatti Type 57 “Atalante” barn find, and the David Tunick Collection from Greenwich, CT. Christopher is a Certified Member of the Appraisers Association of America, and wrote the Collector Car exam for the Appraisers Association.
1.5 CE Credits
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - The Art Market After Covid 19 A Radical Break?
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Recent Developments in the Art Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Perspectives on the Furniture and Decorative Arts Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Artists in Exile Women Surrealists in Mexico
- On Demand Contemporary Western Art
- On Demand Fifty shades of Grade: The Past, Present and Future of Professional Assessment