The Art of Perception
Course Registration $20.00 Member
$20.00 General Admission
Founder and President, The Art of Perception, Inc
The Art of Perception: Seeing What Matters Now
What do the FBI, CIA, and NATO have in common with Art Law Day? In her highly participatory presentation, Ms. Herman will use the analysis of works of art as a vehicle to enhance observation, perception, and communication skills. In the pandemic’s shift to a virtual platform, effective communication with stakeholders, in both litigation and transactional practice, is paramount. Participants will reconsider their critical inquiry skills and ability to communicate effectively in a variety of scenarios in the field of art law, including appraisals, client relationships, forgeries, and bankruptcies. Works of art will also be engaged as tools to understand assumptions that impede best practices and decision making. Prepare to have your eyes opened when you did not even know they were closed.
.5 CE Credit
This is a recording of a session held live on November 6, 2020.
Amy Herman is a lawyer and art historian who uses works of art to sharpen observation, analysis, and communication skills. Looking closely at works of art, she helps individuals hone their visual intelligence, and recognize the most pertinent information and biases that impede decision making and best practices. She developed The Art of Perception to improve medical students’ observation and communication skills when she was the Head of Education at The Frick Collection in New York City for over ten years. She adapted the program for a wide range of professionals including the NYC Police Department, the FBI, the State Department, Fortune 500 companies, NATO, and the military. Ms. Herman has a BA from Lafayette College, a JD from George Washington University, and an MA in art history from Hunter College. Her book, Visual Intelligence, was on the best sellers’ lists of theNew York Times and Washington Post.
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - The Art Market After Covid 19 A Radical Break?
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Recent Developments in the Art Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Perspectives on the Furniture and Decorative Arts Market
- On Demand Of Value 2021 National Conference - Artists in Exile Women Surrealists in Mexico
- On Demand Contemporary Western Art
- On Demand Fifty shades of Grade: The Past, Present and Future of Professional Assessment